WOODIS To Mike and Lindsay (Buhrman) Woodis of Grand Island, a son born Nov. 27 at St. Francis Medical Center.
URESTE To Israel and Melissa (Howard) Ureste of Grand Island, a son born Dec. 4 at St. Francis Medical Center. Grandparents include Doug and Trudy Soll, Linda Valenzuela and Rod and Kate Howard. all of Grand Island, and Isreal Ureste Sr. of Cheyenne, Wyo. Great-grandparents include Don and Joyce William and Cliff and Darlene Soll, all of Central City, Bob and Irene Hansen of Belgrade and Selma Rascon Ramirez of Ennis, Texas.
ORELLANA To Cesar and Thea (Nabity) Orellana of Grand Island, a son born Dec. 12 at St. Francis Medical Center. Grandparents are Donald and Anita Nabity of Grand Island. Great-grandparents are Lawrence and Theresa Nabity of St. Libory.
McCORMICK To Jason and Sabrina McCormack of Wailuku, Hawaii, a daughter born Dec. 11 at Maui Memorial Hospital. Grandparents are DuWayne McCormack of Omaha and Marcie Cogswell of Daytona Beach, Fla. Great-grandparents include Beverly Coker and William and Virginia Harris, all of Grand Island.
Anyone with information about any crime in the state may call the Grand Island-Hall County Crime Stoppers, 381-8822. Crime Stoppers guarantees that callers will remain anonymous.
A reward of up to $1,000 will be paid after law enforcement agencies have determined the seriousness of the crime and the usefulness of the information.
Inmate custody status can be obtained by calling the VINE hotline at (877) NE 4 VINE. Information is available 24 hours a day.
If you see a crime happening, call the Grand Island-Hall County Emergency Center 911.
Grand Island Police
The following felonies were reported:
* James M. Rivera, 1508 N. Broadwell Ave., reported that he saw an unknown man inside his home, in what police are classifying as an attempted burglary.
* Ryan D. Schwartz, 1432 Howard Place, reported that he had been threatened by a subject with a knife.
* A woman reported an assault and also a sexual assault that occurred in northern Grand Island. A man was arrested as a result of the report.
* Andrea Morris, 3111 W. College St., reported threats and an assault. A man was arrested as a result of the report.
* Jose Tinajero, 322 E. Fifth St., reported threats and an assault at the East Highway 30 Pump & Pantry. A man was arrested as a result of the report.
* Roger Hannah, 1503 W. Charles, reported an assault with a knife at Ampride, 3210 W. Old Potash Highway.
Hall County Sheriff
Law enforcement arrested five people on warrants in seven cases. No felonies were reported.
Hall County Jail
The Hall County Jail has 125 inmates, booked in seven people and released 15 people.
Hall County District Court
* Dominic Angelo Moreno, 37, 2016 W. 11th Ave., pleaded no contest to failure to appear and possession of methamphetamine. Judge Teresa Luther ordered him to appear in court on Dec. 21 for the Central Nebraska Drug Court Program.
* Jace J. Bryant, 20, 2830 Fort Worth Ave., pleaded guilty to distribution of marijuana, a Class IV felony, amended from a Class III felony. Two additional charges of distribution of marijuana were dismissed. Sentencing will be Jan. 29.
Hall County Court
* Matthew William Morris, 24, 3111 W. College No. 17, was charged with making terroristic threats against Andrea Morris and use of a deadly weapon, a knife, in the commission of making a felony terroristic threat, both for a Dec. 16 incident.
* Samuel R. Holley, 30, Wood River, was charged with first-offense driving during a 15-year license revocation for a Dec. 15 incident.
* Stacey W. Nielsen, 45, 310 N. Ruby Ave., was charged with first-degree sexual assault for a Dec. 15 incident.